Saturday 28 February 2015

AUTOCAD 2014; WORKSPACE SWITCHING

Submitted by:
Arc. Nnaobi Emmanuel C.[professional member]
Accepted: 25th. Feb.2015


Launching the new AUTOCAD 2014 interface was a great experience. it looked and felt fresh. I hadn't used a latest version software recently. my last was Autocad 2012 but I had to revert to 2010, when I experienced some sluggishness in panning and zooming functions...smh!

Just YEsterday, my Autocad 2010 wont open. When I tried, it displayed the following error message:

"the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log or.....bla bla bla!!"

I hadnt used the app in a long while, so I was thrown off when I saw this. But as usual I went online, Thanks to google, I found some Autocad user forum where someone suggested the solution could be uninstalling and re-installing a program called microsoft  c++ redistributable. I ran this by my local system administrator, he didnt know anything about it, rather he advised me to simply install AUTO CAD 2014 and do my work.


AUTOCAD 2014 - Autocad Classic Workspace


When we eventually did, the first time screen looked strange. I was uncomfortable with the new positions of the tools. I loved my previous classic workspace back at 2010. I had a bit of trouble finding the switch. but I did and here above is a  screenshot from my beautiful Autocad 2014-classic workspace. I think it looks amazing!! The red circle near the down right corner in the image points to where YOU can also find and switch yours.






If you would like to submit an article for this site, please contact us.
Literary content is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; you may copy, share, or distribute in any media providing you make proper acknowledgement of the source : CadrightNigeria official website : www.cadrightgroup.org and date of retrieval including any accompanying references, here provided.

THIS WEEK'S FEATURE ARTICLE :

Social Media Marketing - Tailored For Business

Social Media Marketing  is the art of using the applications that abound on the internet for marketing purpose. This is a relatively new...